MWI Job Openings
At MWI, we’re always looking for solution solvers and team players. Don’t see the right job for you in the list below? No problem. Please submit your resume and we’ll keep it on file for future opportunities.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
- Perform basic daily maintenance on work centers
- Commitment to keeping a neat and organized work area
- Develop specifications from simple and complex blueprints, or hand sketch simple parts on paper
- Adherence to all safety requirements including proper use of PPE
- Willingness to work overtime to maintain customer requirements
- Able to fit parts and hold tolerance to within .0005-.002”
- Ability to create and build custom fixturing and work holding methods
- Fanuc and Haas Control knowledge a plus
- Ability to read and write G & M code and edit programs at the machine
- Blue print reading skills
- Able to setup and run concurrent jobs on multiple machines
- Able to use standard measuring equipment such as micrometers, comparators
- Takes responsibility and pride in doing work precisely and correctly
- Work and effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to comply with MWI, Inc. standards of operations
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
- Repair CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers, Lathes and various other Machine Shop Equipment.
- Follow Preventative Maintenance Program and strictly adhere to Preventative Maintenance Procedures. Follows appropriate Lock Out – Tag Out procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting experience including electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC’s
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of equipment and equipment rooms
- Perform Preventive Maintenance and corresponding reports daily
- Complete assigned work orders
- Resolve electrical problems
- Other maintenance related duties assigned by the Plant Manager
- Sound knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical schematic drawings and relative processes.
- Ability to read, understand, draw, trouble shoot and repair systems and processes in a timely fashion using sophisticated test equipment, as necessary, related to these systems.
- Ability to provide innovative approaches and designs to difficult problems.
- Mechanical and electrical repair expertise
- Mathematical aptitude with ability to calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume as well as apply basic algebraic and geometry applications
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints, drawings and schematics
- Understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, email, knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Thorough knowledge and demonstration of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Understanding of State, Federal, Local OSHA Safety Regulations.
- Ability to drive a forklift
- 2 years minimum manual lathe experience with operating and simple set ups
- Strong blue print reading skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to accurately use basic measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, indicators etc.
- Available for working overtime when necessary
- Able to perform preventative maintenance requirements on pertinent machines
- Self- motivated
- Has own, reliable transportation
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness & ability to learn new skills
- Able to maintain clean and organized work area
- Able to consistently produce quality work per customer & MWI specifications
Provide customers with an outstanding experience by professionally responding to their requirements effectively and in a timely manner. Follow company SOP’s and work instructions to ensure an acceptable accuracy level. Interface with other departments / engineers / outside salespeople / Area Functional Managers etc. to service all aspects, including, but not limited to: market analysis, technical assistance, pricing, lead times, job plans / set-ups, status updates, manufacturing capabilities, critical to quality features, shipping etc.
- Process Requests for Quotations from Customers
- Process PO’s from Customers
- Process jobs for manufacturing
- Provide Customers with status updates on jobs
- Communicate (verbally & via e-mails) with customers
- Analyze machining / material costs to determine profitability
- Initiate and facilitate customer contact with the purpose of market analysis, quote/order solicitation, design assistance, and customer feedback.
- Setup RFQ’s and forward to Estimator: complete and send quotes in a timely fashion.
- Receive and enter incoming orders.
- Coordinate Job Setups with CET Engineer: release and print jobs as required.
- Track jobs in order to provide immediate feedback to customers, and to coordinate best production plan with other CET’s.
- Work with other CET’s to develop best production plan with Area Functional Managers.
- Assist in Engineering, Shop, and Support functions (i.e. Inspection, Shipping, etc.) as needed to expedite order shipment and gain understanding of manufacturing techniques and flow.
- Close orders and analyze performance: OTD, Profitability, and Quality. Advise on adjustments as necessary.
“I like the close knit family atmosphere at MWI. Working together with Friends to solve problems and overcome challenges is gratifying. The on-site gym is also a great benefit”
–Paddy Condon, Production Manager, Employee Since 1994
“I work with a wonderful group of people. When everyone shares the common goal of providing an outstanding customer experience, it is a very positive and rewarding experience”
–Lisa Cerone,Customer Experience Team ; Customer Service, Employee Since 2002
“Management’s willingness to invest in the company and provide training has provided our team with the tools and equipment to develop high temperature processes that ultimately improve our customers competitive position. Everyday provides an opportunity to learn.”
–Bill Foley,High Temperature Engineering Manager, Employee Since 2008
Think you have what it takes to join the MWI team?